Title ; The Woodcutter And The Heavenly Maiden
• Director : Geunyoung Bae
• Music director : Youngjoon Kim
• Stage design : Gyoeun Kim
• Puppeteers : Juhee Lee , Eunkoung Ko
• Staff : Joohwan Lee , Joonho Park
• Producer : Theatre RO.GI.NARAE
– AWARDS –
– 2012 Outstanding Production at the 24th Chuncheon PuppetFestival,Korea
– TOURING HISTORY –
-2012 Gyeonggi puppet festival in Suwon — officially invited
– 2011 ASSITEJ Korea Int’l Summer Festival & ATYA
(Asian Alliance of Theatre for Young Audiences) — officially invited
– 2009 – World Festival of Puppets Theatres
in Charleville-Mezieres- France (Program IN)
– Theatro BONI (ITALIA) (Acquapendente Municipal theatre in Italy)
——You can meet the charm and sound of the tradition of Korea on the stage —–
The stage has been formed with delicately designed traditional korean furniture,folding screens, and fans to give the korean tradition feelings
Through the play, the audiences are able to experience the traditional korean colors and patterns.
From props to puppets made of Han ji (korean traditional paper), this show has a unique sensation
The sound of the bugs that you can see in the fields in korea awakes the stage.
When the lights dimmed by Han ji (korean traditional paper) illuminate the stage, korean traditional colors and patterns are starting to appear.
And then the puppets made of Han ji starts to breathe and move with korean traditional music on the background.
These little and delicate puppets talk happiness and sadness
The beautiful korean colors and puppets fascinate the world.